Sunday, November 29, 2009

2. the long-range plan

I never knew the Long Range Plan for Technology existed. I knew that in our little bubble of a district we were hearing more and more about technology of the future. That the jobs our students are going to have, most haven’t been created yet and that it is our job to prepare them for those jobs, but that’s really where it seems to stop. There has been little to none when it comes to how to do this. Oh sure, there have been a few professional developments, where if you’re interested, so and so will demonstrate how to create a wiki space, but no real emphasis or direction. The Long-Range Plan gives you that direction at least, and one of the more valuable pieces of information is the “student voices” because it lets us know directly from the students what they expect.
I know as an instructional leader this plan will be referenced time and time again to remind me what direction the campus is suppose to be going. I would also want to continually check the recommendations the plan has for educators, higher education and teacher certification plans to make sure we as a campus on track as well as being knowledgeable about the other areas as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment